Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Burgers and Blues

Whoever says there's nothing to do in Albany just hasn't looked hard enough. After grabbing some brochures from my coffee shop yesterday morning, I found at least three different outdoor concerts that were going on. Now of course, I am from Watertown and so my idea of "fun and exciting" is surely different from most people's, but I ended up going to one of the concerts with three of my SU friends that are down here in Albany and I think it's safe to say we had a great time. It was a local rock/blues band and they had a food joint right next door that made a mean cheeseburger.

Yesterday was also exciting in the fact that I discovered that the building that I work in has a locker room on the first floor, complete with showers (a fact that I'm sure was additionally exciting to my cubicle-mate). It now makes running during lunch a lot easier. Now if they only had a washer and dryer here, I'd never have to leave.

And finally, I've put together a temporary schedule of races that I'm planning on doing this summer, culminating with the fulfillment of one of my goals: running a half-marathon.

July 4th - Coincidentally enough, called the "Firecracker 4," a 4 miler up in Saratoga Springs

July 12th - "The Boilermaker," a 15K (9.3 mi) road race in Utica

August 8th - "Camp Chingachgook Half-Marathon," a (surprise) half-marathon run along Lake George

Until next time.

Au revoir,
Justin

3 comments:

  1. I could do the firecracker 4 !!!hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi justin!

    i found your blog on my friend kim's cuz i saw the word strasbourg! im also going to strasbourg this fall! i also go to SU, anyway, love your blo and see you in france!

    p.s. im also preparing for a 10km race myself next month! good luck to you!

    - jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of your running...my foot is still screwy.

    ReplyDelete